Thursday, January 1, 2009

Legend Dick Clark


I have a real soft spot in my heart for Dick Clark. I basically grew up with him. He was everywhere. What I really remember him from was American Bandstand. That guy never aged either.

In saying that, tonight me and the kids were sitting at the table playing Sorry and we had the New Years Rockin Eve show on. When they showed Dick Clark, Austin turned around to see who was talking on the TV and he asked "does he have a cold?" I kind of had to chuckle because I actually saw him through their eyes. It was sad because they have no idea who he is and how he used to be. He was really creeping them out, especially the more they would show him talking. I was really torn. I felt bad for him and for what he has just been though but then the the kids are thinking he is some creepy old man and I had to laugh at their reactions to him.

2 comments:

April said...

I was surprised when he started talking. He had a stroke, right? I haven't seen him in quite a while. Even though his voice didn't sound the same he still seemed to have some spunk...=)

Dawn said...

Yes, he had a stroke. I know, his attitude is still there but he seems to struggle a little with getting it out there.