Sunday, September 7, 2008

6 YEARS



Today my husband and I have been married for 6 years. We are celebrating it in a couple weeks when we go to the beachhouse for a weekend. We are going with my parents so we thought that might be a good time to get away for an hour by ourselves.

About a month ago I got this idea from a lady I work with. She told me that her and her husband trade off every year planning the anniversary. I thought that was a great idea. It's both of ours so why should one person always get nominated to do something. When I had presented this idea to my husband he seemed ok with it. Especially since I told him I would take this year. So I have something planned for the weekend we go to the beach and I'm not telling him what is involved.

Today we thought maybe we'd go to the zoo but then backburnered that idea because of the heat today, new baby elephant, and grandparent's day. We figured it would be kind of crazy there. So instead we lazily went out for breakfast, which we seldom do. Came home and I had some errands to run while our daughter slept so I took full advantage of that window.

We went to the neighborhood park before sunset and also blew bubbles in our front yard. It seemed like just any other typical day which is good in a way too. Nice to not HAVE to make such a big deal about it on one particular day when the whole year should be just as nice too.

No comments: