Thursday, October 15, 2009

STAR WARS IN CONCERT


Isn't he just the sweetest thing ever? And he had a little baby too.


When I first learned of this show from a co-worker that it was coming to town I just knew my husband had to go. He is really into Star Wars. I actually do like the movies, I'm not turned off by anything Star Wars and I grew up with it. I am always amazed when I hear of someone my age that has never seen any of the movies. I do prefer the older ones to the newer ones but they all have a story and you actually should see them all to understand the full story.

I went ahead and bought us a couple tickets and surprised my husband with it. Well, he was less then enthusiastic about it when he looked it up online. Which let some wind out of my sails. Orchestra concert...not his idea of cool. But sometimes it may be better to not have any expections and be pleasantly surprised. Which he was. We soon learned that there would be characters there before hand to see and also props on display. He is really into the props and making stuff like that for sale. He owns a black Stormtrooper outfit (you can see him here) and he would have loved to have wore it last night to the show beforehand and be part of this local group that was there. He eventually is going to sign up and be part of "The 501st Legion". Some day we'd like to make it a family thing and all dress up. The group goes around to charity events in the area and puts smiles on hundreds of kids faces. How cool is that!

Here are some pictures of our evening...





Here is where our seats were at.

I think I'd like to go as a SnowTrooper. Looks totally comfy.

Here is part of the show...

No comments: