
I watched the chick-flick, "Nights in Rodanthe." I won't give away the plot, but suffice it to say, it lives up (or down) to its reputation.
The action takes place mostly in Rodanthe, which is on Hatteras Island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. When the main scene of the inn on the beach appeared, I thought it was so beautiful. But also wondered if it was Hollywood magic? How can a house be that safe with the water washing up to the base all day long. Well I just fell in love with the house and the way it was decorated.
The movie is based on Nicholas Sparks book, which I didn't even know that. I love The Notebook and Message in a Bottle. Both favorites of mine.
So here is the plot...
Diane Lane plays Adrienne, a mother of two, who has recently separated from her husband. When he tells her that he made a mistake [cheating on her] and wants to come back, she retreats to a friend's Bed & Breakfast to think things over.
There is one other guest at the inn - Dr. Flanner [Richard Gere] who is a plastic surgeon currently being sued for malpractice/wrongful death. [His patient's husband lives in town, and he has come to discuss what happened]
When a hurricane hits Rodanthe, the two are stranded at the inn, and you can guess what happens from this point on.
While this movie was nowhere near as good as The Notebook, I still enjoyed it. I felt that it was very realistic and true to life. So, if you are in the mood for a romantic drama this movie is not a bad way to spend your time. So pour yourself a glass of wine and get comfortable because the movie moves rather slow.
And I also fell in love with Diane Lanes hair. I loved the cut and color. I might be trying that when I finally figure out when I'm going short.



















1 comment:
I want that house!!
Post a Comment